- Your career gets a powerful boost with a MBA degree;
- Our MBA is highly focused on professional practice and sharing best practices with experienced lecturers from the field and academia;
- Our MBA pays a lot of attention to your personal leadership development and professional skills;
- Our MBA values the United Nations SDGs and offers topics such as circular economy, sustainability, innovative business models and responsible management.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Today, businesses face many global challenges such as climate change, urbanization, migration, digitization, health crises and shifting economic powers. MBA graduates are therefore expected to be fully equipped to face a variety of business and management challenges beyond the economic and financial realms, and they should be able to come up with effective but also responsible and sustainable solutions. Therefore, The Hague Graduate School has adopted a strong focus on sustainability, responsibility and social entrepreneurship in our master programme. Besides being responsible leader, an MBA graduate from The Hague Graduate School is also a confident leader, able to apply relevant business knowledge and management theory combined with the latest best practices. Our MBA graduates should be able to analyse and solve managerial problems effectively and find workable strategic solutions in challenging situations. They will also be able to kick-start a business or innovation effectively and will have obtained relevant and up-to-date knowledge about all aspects of doing business in a modern corporate world.
Why should you choose the part-time MBA at The Hague Graduate School?
You choose to follow this master with us for at least four important reasons: flexibility in choosing your program, practical orientation, location, networking, and our specialities.
Take a look at the FAQs for all your questions about the coronavirus.
All of our English-taught master programmes are also offered in Dutch. As a working professional you have the option to the full-time or part-time English-taught MBA, or the part-time Dutch-taught MBA. You choose the best option matching your situation:
- The intensive full-time programme of 1 year, for students mostly in the beginning of their careers with an average of 2-5 years of working experience;
- The two-year part-time programme for working professionals, targeting international and Dutch students with at least 3 years of working experience and who already live and work in the Netherlands, mostly in mid to senior levels;
- Another part-time option would be studying at your own pace with separate master-modules that are part of the regular programme. This option is only for students who already live and work in the Netherlands. If you are interested in these masterclasses, please click here.
Whether you choose a full-time or a part-time MBA, in English or in Dutch, the master programme itself will remain the same. For example, both options have a practical emphasis and focus on your leadership and entrepreneurial development, of course taking into account your level of expertise. All aspects of doing business will be taught, from Strategy to Marketing and Innovation, from Economics to Finance. During each module, you will learn about real business problems and share best practices. You will actively work on analysing and solving current business cases. At the end, you will deliver an integration project in collaboration with a real company. All of our MBA modules will therefore support you in growing into a flexible leader at a senior level with profound insight into global issues, environmental factors and business innovation.
The city of The Hague is the International City of Peace and Justice - the political and cultural heart of the Netherlands. It is home to the Peace Palace, International Court of Justice, Dutch parliament, 115 embassies, multinationals like Shell, Siemens and ING and many international NGOs.
The Hague Graduate School is in close cooperation with the organizations in the region for the ‘real life’ experience, programme input and to keep the programmes innovating. International organizations are within your reach.
The Hague University campus is located in the heart of the city, next to public transportation, housing facilities and in close proximity to the beach and nature.
Learning and networking
The Master of Business Administration at The Hague Graduate School offers much more than business and management related topics. The MBA programme has an international business, entrepreneurial and sustainability focus. Learning
from and with other professionals is another key focus, as an MBA is
traditionally based on sharing best practices with fellow students from a
range of industries. With classrooms consisting of multiple
nationalities and cultural backgrounds from all over the world you will
develop yourself into a versatile leader with a firm global business
The Hague University of Applied Sciences
is a UNESCO Associated School, we pay a lot of attention to your
personal development as well as the environment and the SDGs of the
United Nations. We value corporate social responsibility and social
entrepreneurship so much, that we have created a special module within
the MBA for these topics. Personal Leadership Development runs
throughout the programme. The Integration module at the end of the
programme combines all theory and skills from previous modules in a real